Important for a successful knowledge management implementation is the coordination of corporate culture, organisational structure and human resource management as well as the methodological and technical implementation of these factors with the help of information and communications technology.
Focus of the 2017 conference was on “knowledge management in the digital era”. The biennial event brought together representatives of research and practice to participate in presentations, workshops, tutorials and an exhibition by companies, to share experiences, professional applications and discuss future visions.
Similar to previous years, the main technical-scientific program consisted of several thematic workshops that made up most of the conference program. The open workshop format allowed facilitating new areas of knowledge management and related areas as well as connecting and achieving cooperation between science and practice.
The conference was organised by:
- Institute AIFB at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik am KIT
- FG Wissensmanagement der Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
Prof. Dr. York Sure-Vetter
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Phone.: +49 (721) 608 44283
Dr. Stefan Zander
FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik am KIT
Phone.: +49 (721) 9654 888
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Reimer
University of Applied Sciences St. Gallen
Phone.: +41 (71) 226 1746
A list of the entire organisation team can be found under this link (in German).
- Semantical knowledge management in organisations (DE)
- Hardware-oriented and situated knowledge management (DE)
- Flexible knowledge practices and the digital workplace (EN)
- Knowledge management in the context of the demographic change (DE)
- Experience management (DE)
- Knowledge and learning management in the industrial era 4.0 (DE)
Important dates for individual submissions to approved workshops:
The entire program can be found under this link (in German).
- 10:30: WS V: “Lern- und Wissensmanagement im Zeitalter der Industrie 4.0”
- 11:00 - 11:30: WS VI: “Wissensmanagement im Kontext des demografischen Wandels: Transformationsbedarf im Öffentlichen Bereich (WMTransÖff)”
- 17:30: Panel Prof. Dr. Klaus North, Prof. Dr. Ronald Maier “Wissen 4.0 - Perspektiven des Wissensmanagements im digitalen Wandel”
The conference was held at the Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI) in Karlsruhe.